Thursday, July 01, 2010

The little fishies.....

Summer has not arrived in Seattle, which has made for a depressing June. We've tried to make the most of it though....if the sun is out and the temperature rises above 65 degrees, we are taking out the pool, putting on our suits, and grabbing the popsicles from the freezer. Depressing, but true.

The kids were still a little cold the first day we donned the suits, but at least the snow boots kept their toesies warm. :)

I signed them up for swim lessons last month and this week happened to be a really chilly one. I seriously doubted Linds was going to jump in the water, especially because she doesn't love the water to begin with. However, I was pleasantly surprised when she got right in the first day (the water was nice and warm). She hugged the wall the first day, but by today she was venturing out in the middle of the pool and really enjoying herself. Who knew Linds would be such a water lover?!? And Jack? Well, he has always loved the water, so he had a blast. I just found out today that there was room for the next session and I signed them right up. And the best part is that next week is supposed to be warm and sunny, so I can work on my tan as I sit by the pool.


3 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Enjoy next week...It should be beautiful! Love the boots and suits..I will remember that fashion statement :)

Koko said...

Jamie has had fun seeing you guys down there, but is sad they're not in her class. haha I'm glad it will be warmer next week!

Jennifer said...

That is AWESOME! You have the perfect set-up... Your kids will be entertained and kept cool in the pool while being supervised and YOU can catch some good old vitamin D! That is the life! Enjoy!