Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Box

We just bought our first piece of NEW furniture in nearly 8 years of marriage. We have been lucky to have lots of donated pieces and hand me downs from our families. With our fun "new" couch though, our old coffee table with deathly sharp corners needed to be replaced. So, we ordered an ottoman.

The best part of the ottoman (besides its durable leather, storage space, and jumping capabilities) was the box it came in. My kids have been thoroughly entertained for a week. The box is a spaceship, swimming pool, and bed, among other things.


Lindsey loved the bed idea so much that she actually slept in it for several nights. The best part of that being that she couldn't escape once we put her down for the night.
The box is dying tomorrow so Jack can use it at T-ball practice for sliding practice. We'll miss you big old box!!

5 comments:

kristy said...

boxes make the best toys (and beds, apparently)!! i love the ottoman!

Jeanelle said...

I love multi-functional furniture and ottomans are so much more comfy than coffee tables.

Have I told you this random thought: I always thought Jack looked like you because of your coloring but when I watch your husband sing in the choir, I can see who Jack really looks like! They sing exactly the same! Haha. And I love that Jack always looks for me during sac meeting to wave at me. So cute!!

Natalie Smith said...

You got it!!! It looks great Kacey!

Quinae said...

Wait, what? Lindsay couldn't get out of the box once you put her in it? Or did you close the lid and duck tape it? Either way, that is very interesting and sort of scary.

lilibet said...

I want to play in the box, too!