A few weeks ago we registered Jack for kindergarten at his elementary school. They offered full day, but I decided to sign him up for half day for a few reasons (most of them selfish).....1)I am not ready to release my "baby" into the big bad world- I want him home with me for at least half the day as long as I can so I can keep him clean and pure. 2) Who is going to keep Lindsey busy in the afternoons?!? 3) I love hanging out with Jack. We have so much fun together and I love the conversations we have.
Well, I was devastated yesterday when I found out that our elementary school is now a Title 1 school and will ONLY be offering full day kindergarten in the fall (the only good thing is that it is free). My little boy is going to be gone from 9:30 to 3:30 every day next year. I think I have cried 5 times already anticipating how much I am going to miss him. Time to start the house search again, avoiding the areas with Title 1 schools :)
Well, I was devastated yesterday when I found out that our elementary school is now a Title 1 school and will ONLY be offering full day kindergarten in the fall (the only good thing is that it is free). My little boy is going to be gone from 9:30 to 3:30 every day next year. I think I have cried 5 times already anticipating how much I am going to miss him. Time to start the house search again, avoiding the areas with Title 1 schools :)
7 comments:
Prepare for him to be soooo extremely exhausted when he gets home. Well for the first few weeks! But he will have fun!!!
Oh no! Don't leave us. Stay in the impoverished Kent School District!
Ugh - I'm sorry! :( But to echo Elizabeth...please don't move.
Oh my goodness! Good thing he's been going to preschool so he's not in total shock! That is sad. I can't believe our babies are going to school!!! You guys should move on over to our area :) Issaquah schools are awesome!
You know you can request that he is only half day. You don't have to do full day if you don't want to. Acutally you don't have to have your child go to school until 3rd grade by law. But, if you just talk to the principal I'm sure you can request half day. I've been the full day kindergarten teacher and it is HARD on those little kids, I would never do that to my own child.
I know what you mean. Full day is LONG! And he is still so little! You're a good mom. Hugs!
Emmeline was in full day kindergarten in CA...and her first week of school I literally just moped around the house until it was time to pick her up. I may have also driven by the school playground during recess...
Post a Comment