We started the Memorial Day weekend out with date night while Linds and Jack spent the night at Grammy and Papa's. We tried Indian cuisine with some friends. Yum, Yum, Yum! I tried the paneer masala and Clint had the chicken vindaloo. I can't wait to go again :)
Saturday morning (after a quick church clean) we headed out to North Bend to summit Little Si with some friends. The weather was rainy, cold and altogether miserable, but at least we had the trail almost to ourselves! Jack was Mr. Hiker and didn't complain much during the 4.6 mile hike (which took us 3. 5 hours to complete). Lindsey is not a nature lover, much to our chagrin, and spent the majority of the hike whining in the backpack in between pieces of bribery candy. We are determined to make a hiker out of her if it kills us!!




We returned to the car drenched, covered in mud and exhausted...but it was well worth it!! Mt Si is next weekend (um just kidding, we may attempt that a few years down the road...or leave Linds at home).
We stopped by and visited GiGi (my grandma) on the way home where Lindsey tripped and hit the corner of the wall, resulting in a nasty bruise around her mouth. I had to thoroughly explain how it happened when I dropped her off at nursery on Sunday so they didn't call CPS on us. :)
We finished off the evening with dinner at Clint's parents house.
We finished off the evening with dinner at Clint's parents house.
Sunday was a lazy day.....
Monday, we were up and off to Seattle, despite the rainy weather once again.

We started at Pike Place Market with some yummy doughnuts that we have heard wonderful things about. We finished off a dozen plus in 5 minutes flat.
We wandered around the market for a bit and then headed off to walk the waterfront to the sculpture park.
We wandered around the market for a bit and then headed off to walk the waterfront to the sculpture park.

There was a funky statue that Clint and the kids had to recreate. We thought it was funny that there was a security guard posted near it...probably to discourage the removal of clothes? (if you notice closely, the statues are naked)



Off to Ivar's for lunch....
Since the sun decided to make an appearance, we headed to Discovery Park. The kids loved this big swing at the park.





4 comments:
You guys lived it up...RAIN OR SHINE! Looks like a fun weekend in Seattle! The donuts sound so yummy!
What a fun weekend! I'm from here (are you too?) and I am sick to death of the rain...I want SUN!
Wow! Loads of fun for the Karren family. It's nice that you take advantage of the many great things around here...despite the weather! haha
How fun! I can't wait to take Katie to that park to try out that awesome swing!!! I want one of those in my back yard for her! She will love it!
You guys are party animals!
Post a Comment