Thursday, May 31, 2012

Perfection

I have been taking a blogging hiatus.....I'm still checking out blogs, but I haven't been into blogging my own stuff. I have been overwhelmed with the perfection I find everywhere I look online, whether it is facebook, blogs, pinterest, etc. I definitely strive for perfection, but there isn't much that is perfect in my life...and so I struggle to blog. I am trying to jump over this "hump" in my life, but it's a struggle!
For example:
My children never look perfect ( except when they are sleeping and then they look beyond perfect :))
My children never act perfeclyt (except when they are sleeping....and they have been sleeping amazingly well)
My house never looks perfect (although it has improved a bit due to pinterest ideas)
I do not look perfect (nor while I ever....I just have to look semi-hot in a bathing suit for Mexico in 5 weeks).
However, that being said, there are things in my life that are very, very good.

This happy little boy who loves his daddy, running into the street, saying new words and popsicles.

These 2 who keep me on my toes....every day that the weather is nice, we play outside for 2-3 hours after school. I'm not getting much done around the house or making great dinners, but the kids are playing hard :)
A great memorial day weekend with lots of daddy time! Hooray! We hiked and biked and ate and swam and played. I didn't want the weekend to end..... :( 

here's to a good life with perfect moments scattered here and there!

4 comments:

Jeanelle said...

I laughed out loud that one of Blake's favorite things is running into the street but then I realized...maybe not that funny. ;) Keep blogging. I'm trying to do the same. I'm always happy when I've blogged...nice to have some sort of record you know?

Quinae said...

Oh man. You are making me feel guilty......My house status, own appearance and my kids appearance is definitely not up to standard if you are bellow standard. Yikes-a-ramma. That can't be my goal though......I would be too depressed and I do not like that feeling. here's to new goals.

p.s. love Lindsey's 80's hair band - ready for the race!

Koko said...

Ummm you obviously haven't been reading my blog! haha And you have the PERFECT body for sure! Love those running kids! We wouldn't want them to be perfect or they might get translated.

Natalie Smith said...

Kacey...your house is always in order. It has always impressed me! As for the slacking dinners...right there with you. It has been so bad lately! haha
Oh..well!
And...for the running into the street or just anywhere where danger is present gets SO OLD! Too many panic moments for Moms!