Thursday, September 02, 2010

Mexico

Wow- this is big for me. 2 posts in one night. But, I am way behind on my blogging and I had to share some pics from Mexico. Warning: there are many belly shots and a SEVERE lack of clothing. At 22 weeks, I was definitely feeling whale-ish ( I just made that word up, but that is how I felt).
We spent 7 days in Cancun with my parents and brother sans children. It was dreamy, heavenly, and addictive. We spent the week:

Eating (I was laughing when I was looking at all the pictures of us at restaurants because I had a funny face at every one. I was definitely nervous about what I was eating, but luckily avoided getting sick. The only thing that caused sickness to family members was our rotisserie chicken from Costco. Go figure. The2nd picture was taken at a restaurant literally on the beach (Playa del Carmen)- our feet are in the sand)


Snorkeling. This was by far my favorite activity. I could have snorkeled all day!
Getting massages. Well, just Clint. I didn't trust those giving the massages to try it on a pregnant lady- I didn't want to deliver a preemie in a Mexican hospital!
Visiting Chichen Itza Ruins. They were very cool, but I was very hot. 9o degrees with 100 percent humidity does not make for a very happy pregnant woman. I sported a sweet gel pack thing around my neck to help me stay cool and to look even cooler, but I was still roasting.


Kayaking across a lagoon supposedly filled with alligators. Yikes!
Plenty of pool and beach time. The ocean water was warm and wavy, and the pools were warm and serene.



Visiting Tulum Ruins. It wasn't quite as hot on this day, so it was a little more enjoyable, and the views were gorgeous.


We returned home tanned, rested and ready to plan our next trip to Mexico.

7 comments:

Natalie Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Smith said...

So many cute belly pictures Kacey! What a fun trip. You are brave to go as a pregnant lady, but totally deserved the relaxation and fun! I am very jealous.

lilibet said...

You look great. I'm so glad you had so much fun!

debbie rowley said...

Looks beautiful! So glad you had such a fun and relaxing trip!

Monique said...

You look nothing like what you say you felt like! You looked great!!!I'm glad you got to have a fun trip with your family. Looks beautiful! Can you believe our kids are kindergarteners?! Crazy.

Adrienne said...

Ah, SO beautiful! I'm so glad you guys got to have a getaway! Looks like you had a fabulous time. :-)

kristy said...

i'm glad you had such a great time!! the pictures are gorgeous. i especially love the one of you and clint sitting on the sand. the background looks so fake with the dramatic grey sky and aqua water. love it!