We decided to venture out on our first family road trip a few weeks ago. My brother, Chad, lives in Utah and my sister, Erin, lives in Idaho. We hadn't seen them since Christmas and missed them tons. Plus, my sister just had a baby so we just had to go and meet her!
We took off Friday after work and drove a few hours before spending the night in La Grande. We then got to Utah Saturday afternoon. I packed the car full of food and games and things I thought would keep the kiddos busy for our long drive. Jack did great and actually appreciated the things I brought. Lindsey, on the other hand, thought that screaming (yes, she is 3. 5 and still screaming for fun) would be a better way to pass the time. Clint mentioned several times how he was going to fly home instead of driving after we finally arrived at our destination.

Locked and loaded.
2.4 minutes of peace while Linds listened to a book on tape.
The happy camperSome of the fun things we did in Utah with Chaddy boy.
Temple Square:




Chocolate mint brownies and bread with honey butter. Yum!Park City:



Bowling:

Visiting with friends:

After a great stay and a great visit with my brother, we made the shorter drive to Idaho.Some of the fun things we did in Idaho:
BYU-Idaho
Wow, it has changed!!(but the sign is the same :))Rexburg Temple:

Spray Park:


Baby T- ooh, she made me so baby hungry (but also pretty anxious as I saw my daughter interact with her- all I can say is that I will be wearing BK (that is short for Baby Karren) until he/she is 3).

4 Wheeling
Figure 8 racing
Eating out
Farmer's MarketFamily Photos:
Delicious. It was all I could not to sneak her home in my suitcase :)

The ride home was a tad better than the way there (except the fact that Clint had food poisoning from Subway :()
Sporting some pipe cleaner glasses.
Umm. Just the way we like it.All in all, the trip was worth the drive. However, with that said, we may wait to take another road trip until a certain someone is 10.




5 comments:
Oh...that baby is so precious! I am envious of the Rexburg stop. I would love to see the changes!
You all look tan and like you had way too much fun!!! Yummy...food and great places. Makes me really miss the few years I spent in that region.
Glad you survived the drive. :D
That is so funny and fun to read! You guys hit most of my favorite places...I hope you got my favorite -- Creamery Choc. Milk! :) Oh, and it was fun to see Chad!
What a fun trip! Glad you all survived the drive :)
So sad we missed each other:) I am sorry I didn't call you guys back-things have been a little rough and it is hard to talk about. After this week we will know for sure what our plan is so I will call you then. Love and miss you.
Looks fun! Too bad it's such a long drive though. We almost took that exact same road trip this summer too! We chickened out. The thought of driving that far with the 3 kids worried me. We really want to go to Rexburg soon though. Maybe next summer. Glad you had fun and survived your first road trip!
Post a Comment