Thursday, April 08, 2010

When it rains.......



After these last couple of weeks, I firmly believe that when it rains, it pours. We've had some real puddles at our house....

After months of sunshine and mild weather (which meant we were outside nearly every day), April showers set in and we've been stuck inside for nearly a week

I dropped and broke my cell phone

Clint's car needed new tires and a new part

My car had a flat tire that needed to be repaired and the low tire pressure light is still on (and the brakes are making funny noises)

I showed up at a doctor's appointment that I had been waiting 6 weeks for only to find out the doctor had been called to the hospital- now I have to wait another month to see him

I met with a mortgage lender only to find out that mortgage rates had jumped over the weekend and were continuing to jump as we sat there- bad news for us buying a home

I have the only 3 year old with colic- she has literally been crying/whining/fussing/screaming for at least 3 hours a day the last few weeks

My 3 year old decided it was fun to bite people as a hobby

My 5 year old decided it was fun to yell at me a lot and be quite demanding


When the rain started falling, my tears started falling every time something happened. Now, I just laugh and ask "What's next for the Karrens?" Every day is a new adventure and there have been some sun breaks in between the showers:

Jack learning how to master the monkey bars

Lindsey learning how to finally pedal her tricycle (sorta)

Finding a cute bathing suit (4 more months until Mexico)

Clint being home to play more

Jack and Clint starting T-ball

We played outside at the park today!!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Sorry to hear you guys have had a rough time lately. It really does seem like when it rains it pours!

lilibet said...

Sometimes I wonder if what happens is that we have a few really big things we have to deal with and then all the little irritants compound until it becomes one massive trial. Or sometimes they are little irritants, but relentless, so we get dragged down. Whatever it is, though, I've been there and I'm sorry. Tell me what I can do to help!

Natalie Smith said...

Today was so beautful! I am glad you got to take part in the happiness of it all. I don't like the string of discouragements in life! It normally means SUPER bright side to come! Right?

Maybe make a count down until your vacation. The swimsuit find is a HUGE victory...that is always months of struggles for me!!! Are we going to get some shots of you in it..hahaha...joking!

Quinae said...

You should come walking with Janea and I in the wee hours of the morning. We of late have been having awesome gospel conversations of why life sucks. It has totally helped.

Lauren said...

Sorry you have had some downer days. We had that same problem with our tire a couple years ago and the light kept coming on even after it was fixed. Apparently there is a reset button that you need to push in order to get the settings back to normal. A quick google search for your car model and location of the reset button should solve that little problem. Hoping for sunnier skies in your future!