Okay, enough of the woe-be-me sob story posts (sorry about that...I've been in a mood lately...but I'm bouncing back!). I have one more sad thing to share...but this is so sad, it's funny.
When my grandpa passed away in January, he left his baby grand piano to me (since I am the only one in the family that plays). Unfortunately, we do not have the space in our house for a baby grand, nor will we probably ever have that much space in a home (not to mention the piano is in Cali). So, we decided to sell it and use the money for another piece of furniture that would fit in our home. I was a little sad because I would've loved a baby grand, but such is life.
When my grandpa passed away in January, he left his baby grand piano to me (since I am the only one in the family that plays). Unfortunately, we do not have the space in our house for a baby grand, nor will we probably ever have that much space in a home (not to mention the piano is in Cali). So, we decided to sell it and use the money for another piece of furniture that would fit in our home. I was a little sad because I would've loved a baby grand, but such is life.
So another stroke of unluck for the Karren clan, but at least it makes a great story. :)
12 comments:
Oh no! Yes, what a story! I'm sorry:( It is very wierd how a piano of that size could just be stolen...Well, I hope things start looking up for you and your family. I know it will! We should get together soon :)
Oh I can't believe that! You would think it had to have been someone who came through the house during the sale. Otherwise how would anyone know it was there, and be prepared to steal it? How horrible!
Ha Ha!!! That story is too much. Your life sort of sounds fake - with all of this drama. I am SURE - this time luck is on the way!
Okay I have to totally echo your blog title and say "SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?" That is just crazy. Who steals a baby grand? I'm sorry things have been crummy. :(
What a story! I had no idea you were having a hard time... maybe it's because you always have a huge smile on your face! I feel like a horrible friend! Please let me know if you need anything.
oh no!!! I am so sorry! what a shame... people are so lame.
My parents were robbed last year and they drove off with Thad's quad and all my parents "goods" in the middle of the day. Neighbors saw nothing???
Sorry for you loss.
Won't the Home Owner's/Renter's insurance cover that?
So Sorry! That is absolutely crazy! Piano usually require a professional moving crew! that stinks! When things are so low you know you can only go up right?!!
I guess they were motivated ... That is really quite lame. I almost wonder if someone sold it on craigslist and the person who (unwittingly) bought it did indeed hire a professional moving crew.
Bahaha...I am still laughing about the situation.. as sad as it is..It is so funny..haha..One of the only things left in the house..Papa is putting a curse on our family..and to think i was considering naming our baby roberta after him..haha
Hi Kacey,
I found this link from Jennette's blog.
I was just wondering if you checked Craigslist to see if anyone tried to sell the piano they stole..
Seriously so weird that anyone would take it and get away with it...
Sara
Sounds like an inside job. If you know what I mean!!
Post a Comment