I took a bittersweet trip to Pasadena, CA last weekend with my parents and siblings for my grandpa's memorial. I left the kiddos in the trusting hands of my in-laws and husband and headed down Thursday morning with my parents.
Flying high. I have found that as I get older, I am a very anxious flyer. Every time there is turbulence or strange noises, I literally start to hyperventilate and truly believe we are going down. And the landings...whew! I close my eyes and clench my teeth, positive I am on the way to heaven. I am seriously wimpy.I attribute it to the fact that I have children now and if I died on a plane, I would be leaving behind some truly precious cargo. :)
Yeah, we made it in one piece to the land of sunshine!
Friday, we took the day to sight see and enjoy the LA area. This is the house where I was conceived and lived until I was 2.5.
Pinks: A famous hot dog joint. Pretty yummy, but we weren't sure they were worth the 25 minute wait in line.
Checking out the LA temple.
Diddy Riece ice cream place in Westwood. A huge ice cream sandwich for $1.50. Yum, Yum, Yum!
Santa Monica
Erin and Chad flew in Friday night. It was really fun to spend time as the 5 of us- it's been almost 8 years since it's been just the 5 of us!! We did a lot of laughing :)
Saturday morning was the memorial. It was nice to meet many of my grandpa's friends and to remember the sweet memories we shared with Papa. I sang at the beginning and was grateful for making it through the song without crying. My dad gave a wonderful little talk.
Sunday morning we headed to the beautiful cemetery where my grandparents and great-grandparents (and M.J.) are buried.
This is The Little Church of the Flowers: where my grandparents were married 66 years ago. They were married and buried in the same cemetery.
The 5 Cozeans
(Is it just me, or is my brother the size of all of us combined?)
5 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad it was an enjoyable trip and not just sad. That church is so pretty. I'd like to be buried in a little German churchyard in Freiburg, but that might be a somewhat extravagant expense!
I love the sand writing. So sweet.
Sorry about your Grandpa but I am glad you got some great enjoyable family time. I have heard of Pinks in a hot dog heaven show and I love hot dogs!! Yummy!
Sorry about your grandpa. It does look like you had a good time with your family. I love the little comment about where you were conceived. Ha! You are so funny.
What a sweet memory of a trip. So sad but also so special that you got to be with your family! I almost starting drooling when I saw those ice cream sandwiches! Christian and I used to drive just to Westwood to get them!! Hope you are well!
Kacey, I didn't even know. I'm sorry! I'm glad you all were able to get together, though! I didn't realize that Chad was such a giant either! haha
Post a Comment