The baking/cooking is done and I have 2. 5 minutes of down time before we are off to my sister-in-law's for dinner. I made yummy mashed potatoes with plenty of cream cheese and sour cream, roasted squash and apples, sweet potato rolls, cranberry apple relish, a veggie platter and a cream cheese dip. It was a fun morning in the kitchen!
We had a pie night earlier this week with some friends. Since I am always so stuffed on Thanksgiving to really enjoy dessert, I thought it would be fun to have friends bring their favorite pies and sample them all. It was my first time making a pie on my own, but it turned out a lot better than I thought it would (the crust especially).We had a berry (mine), pecan, banana cream and chocolateRice Krispy with Reeses Pieces pie. It was a very yummy night. :)
And of course, we have kept busy making Thanksgiving crafts and Thankful lists.
I am so thankful for these two crazy kids. My life would be a whole lot more calm and organzied without them, but I would also be bored, lonely, and have my hearing.
I am so thankful for a hardworking husband who still thinks I'm beautiful despite the fact I have food all over my clothing, chocolate on my face, and stress lines around my eyes.
I am thankful for a free country, a warm home, 2 cars that continue to work, a job that lets me stay home with my kids every day, family in the area, friends who listen and watch my kids, and a body that keeps up with my kiddos.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Now, let the Christmas chaos begin!!
1 comment:
I LOVE that you said you would still have your hearing if you didn't have your kids. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment