I had the opportunity to take a "business trip" this week. I work part-time for Science Adventures, which offers after-school clubs and summer camps to K-6 kids in the our area. I don't work very much any more, but I am still in charge of the summer training. I was starting to get ready for our training next month when I found out they needed a trainer in Kansas City. I jumped at the chance to make a little extra money and have a bit of time to myself. :) I flew out Tuesday morning and returned Wednesday night. I spent 14 hours traveling and 4 hours training. But I did finish a book, drive a Passat (much more fun to drive than my mini-van- I kept giving myself whiplash when I stepped on the gas), eat frozen custard (Yummy, yummy!!), visit Independence and Liberty Jail, and have a panic attack on the flight from Kansas to Denver (it was super bumpy and the plane was making really weird noises). It was a much needed break! The kids stayed with friends in the ward and my sister-in-law.


Clint has been working 50+ hour weeks so we haven't seen much of him. And when he's home, he's not a happy camper. We are grateful for his job, but he is suffering from some serious burn-out. We hope things improve soon.
The kids and I stay busy going to the park every day the weather lets us and spending time with friends and family. I have summer camp training in a few weeks, have started a tutoring job once a week and, I am going to start teaching babysitting clinics once a month. Can you tell we really want to save some money for a house?!? I have a lot on my plate, but I am juggling it all so far. However, I could feel differently next week!!
A friend took some pictures of the kids a few weeks ago when she was watching them. I never can get them to look at the camera, much less smile for the camera, so I was thrilled with the pics!


Clint has been working 50+ hour weeks so we haven't seen much of him. And when he's home, he's not a happy camper. We are grateful for his job, but he is suffering from some serious burn-out. We hope things improve soon.
The kids and I stay busy going to the park every day the weather lets us and spending time with friends and family. I have summer camp training in a few weeks, have started a tutoring job once a week and, I am going to start teaching babysitting clinics once a month. Can you tell we really want to save some money for a house?!? I have a lot on my plate, but I am juggling it all so far. However, I could feel differently next week!!
A friend took some pictures of the kids a few weeks ago when she was watching them. I never can get them to look at the camera, much less smile for the camera, so I was thrilled with the pics!


3 comments:
That's great you got to get away and earn some extra money. Working a little is actually kind of nice! I hope you can juggle everything on your plate. Feel free to use us up north if you ever need any help.
Go Jack Jack! That story sounds a lot like Sully riding a bike. Sorry about Clint having job burn out, not a lot worse than a hubby who doesn't like his job. Hope you had a great Mother's Day. We miss you!
That is very exciting about jack riding his bike! Woman you are so busy-but if anyone can handle that much it is you, you have always been very organized. I miss you and your kids are darling. If you ever get lonely with clint at work just call pete left a week ago and I have nine more weeks of single motherhood and then he will be home for a couple of weeks and then off to the philippines again. Love you and happy mothers day!
Post a Comment