Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Terrible Twos Round Two



It's official:Little Lindsey Lou Who is 2! The big day was yesterday and she is already showing signs of fun things to come. We celebrated by going to an indoor playground and running around for an hour to burn off some energy. It has been snowing/raining for 3 weeks straight, so we have lots of pent-up energy these days. We played at home for the rest of the day- mostly because Jack never wants to leave the house (he always wants to stay home and play) and I never want to brave the outside world with Lindsey unless it is entirely necessary. After Clint got home, we headed out for ice cream at DQ. Lindsey made a complete mess, but actually sat for more than 2 minutes eating her ice cream.



We had my parents and Chad over Sunday night for dinner and ice cream cake. Lindsey loved her new shopping cart and food (although the cardboard food lasted a whole day before she tore it to shreds :).


Lindsey's birthday was bittersweet. I found out halfway through the day that a dear friend had passed away. She had cystic fibrosis. I met her at a mother/baby group at the hospital right after Jack was born. Four of us new mommies gravitated toward one another and hung on for dear life to each other for the first three years of our babies' lives. We met once a week and let the kids play while we talked, vented,and laughed. We hadn't been meeting as frequently recently since we moved away and our lives became busier, but we still got together whenever possible. She was the sweetest wife and mother. She leaves behind a husband and almost 4 year old little boy. I haven't dealt with a dear friend passing and the grief is overwhelming, especially when I look at my dear little boy and imagine him growing up without me. I am thankful for my belief of eternal families, because it makes it more bearable. Heather will be sorely missed, but she is in a better place and is rid of her sickly body. Life is short. We must make every day count. And I will be reminded of that every year on Lindsey's birthday.

5 comments:

The Reichmans said...

Kace-i am so sorry about your friend-that is so hard, sad, difficult. I can't believe that Lindsey is two and she definitely seems to be following in Jack's wild footsteps. I hope you are doing great-we need to talk/email more often-I miss you.

Monique said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I know how hard it can be. I am glad our faith can help us through hard times like these though. On a lighter note...Happy Birthday Lindsey!!! I'm glad you were able to have a peaceful DQ experience. That's always appreciated! I can't believe she's 2!

Eric Devericks said...

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I lost one of my dearest friends when I was 9 months pregnant with Amara. I still can't look at watermelon and not think of Dixie. She blessed my life while she was in it.

Happy Birthday to little Lindsey! 2 has been an interesting age with Finn. May the Force be with You! Miss ya!

megan said...

KAcey,
I am so sorry about your friend. What a devastating and overwhelming thing. I hope her family is ok and that you are okay as well. What a good reminder of how precious and short life is. I hope Lindsay had a good birthday though! I love her hair! It's getting long!

Spencer and Erin said...

Um i love how Linds has a ghetto booty on the first picture. I have always hoped that someone in our family would...