Thursday, January 01, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We had a wonderful white Christmas this year. We had planned to spend a leisurely Christmas Eve cooking, baking and wrapping presents. However, the snow began to fall again and we had to scramble to get out the door to my parents' house before the snow got too deep on the roads (and her house is only 10 minutes away!!). We made it there safely and managed not to forget anything too important.



Clint and Jack spent the afternoon sledding at the local park. Jack was quite the little daredevil on the saucer I am told. Lindsey and I stayed in the warm house while I tried to get her down for a nap. I had no luck, so I spent the afternoon chasing after a curious, cranky toddler. My mom's house is pretty Lindsey-proof, but she still managed to create chaos wherever she went.



We fed the kiddos , read a few Christmas stories, put on a nativity, and put them down for an early bedtime. Then, we had a fabulous Christmas Eve dinner without children! No whining, screaming, flying food! It was heaven.



Christmas morning brought some fun toys from Santa. Jack got the helmet he's been talking about for the last 4 months and Lindsey got a dolly and doll house (she had actually found the dolly the day before when she started unwrapping presents. :()





We spent the morning eating a yummy Christmas brunch and opening presents.




We headed out to Clint's sister's house in the afternoon to visit with the Karren side of the family. We ate curry and lots of jello (for some reason there were 3 jello salads) and had an ice cream bar for dessert. We opened presents and performed our special musical number as a family ("Christmas To Remember" by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton). Jack knew most of the words and sang along while Lindsey danced. We made it home safely in the snow to an ice-cold house (in our hurry to leave on Christmas Eve, I turned the heat off instead of turning it down). We put the kids to bed with tons of blankets and cuddled in our bed with our fleece sheets (which are a dream!!)to keep warm. We definitely had a Christmas to Remember!!



1 comment:

debbie rowley said...

Sounds you guys weathered the storm well and enjoyed a nice Christmas :) I'm glad you had some nice family time!