Ugh. I made a remark last week about how healthy we had been this winter and I jinxed us. Clint was sick all last week and even missed his birthday party on Saturday night. Jack had a cold that turned into impetigo (that hand, foot, mouth thing), so he has been Mr. Pleasant. Lindsey has been throwing up every morning after breakfast and eating very little, which worries me because at her 2 year appt, she was only in the 8th percentile for her weight and anemic. Miracle of miracles, I have avoided getting sick, but since I am typing this, I will probably be the next victim.
We had a family birthday party last Saturday night for all the Karren birthdays (there are 4 of them, 3 being in my family). I made all the food and we had the party at my in-laws since they have a bit more room. We drove home with the van hatch halfway open due to a "new" little tykes cabin being bungeed in the back. The heat was blasting to keep us warm and I was trying my best to stay on the road despite the intense fog and Lindsey screaming her head off. I'm just happy we made it home in one piece. I can't wait until my husband is feeling better!
Life is busy. I am tutoring online 3 days a week and trying to stay on top of all the YW activities and lessons in my beehive calling, Clint is working hard to bring home the bacon and plays a little basketball on the side, and the kiddos seem intent on driving me crazy with the scream/hit sequence (Lindsey screams, Jack hits her, Lindsey screams more, Jack hits her harder). I will be soooooo thankful when this stage passes. Don't get me wrong, my house isn't always pure chaos and I truly do love my children, but they do know how to push my buttons and push they do, all day long. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, eh?
5 comments:
Oh no! Sorry everyone has been so sick. Good thing the moms always seem to stay healthy! And Happy Birthday to everyone! January is a busy month for you guys. That's how it gets in our family, come September. Then, we have mulitiple birthdays every month until the new year. I can't believe how tiny Lindsey is!!! I hope her being sick doesn't make her lose weight. I guess it will come back quickly if she does, but still! You are busy! I don't know how you do it. I can barely take care of my house and kids, let alone a job too. Good work! Sorry about the kids fighting. That can be so frustrating. My little boy likes to pester already. I thought that would come when he was much older, but no. See you next Saturday!
Kacey - WHEN we survive this, we will DEFINITELY be stronger!!! I call my mom at least daily to discuss the latest "stage". I pray too, but my mom has faster responses. ha!! Just know you're not in this alone. Being a parent is the greatest and HARDEST job of all! We miss you guys. Tell Clint happy birthday!
I don't know how you handle two kids. It sounds like you have more than a handful. I thought I had it tough. If you need any breaks I would love to babysit sometime.
You have your hands full! Hopefully the "super-mommy powers" will keep you healthy! Happy birthday Lindsey - she is beautiful and has a killer smile. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. My thoughts are with you. xo.
I am so sorry that everyone has been sick-we went thru that a couple of weeks ago and it was miserable. I really hope you don't get sick. Hey I am in Beehives as well-I am the Beehive advisor-is that your calling. We should talk. miss your brains
Post a Comment