Being the semi-responsible mom, I made an extra effort to get my kids flu shots this year. Since we haven't seen our new pediatrician yet, I had to jump through a dozen hoops before finally getting an appointment to get the shots. We arrived at the appt 15 minutes early(hooray for paperwork) to find a waiting room with no toys. What kind of pediatrician's office has no toys or books? I hadn't brought anything for the kids to do since I thought it was going to be a quick in and out. Hahahahah. 45 minutes later we were still waiting to be seen. Lindsey had managed to clear all the tables of their magazines, climb up on the table to see the fish better and made several loud shrieks. Jack had thrown 3 fits, laid all over the DIRTY floor and hit his sister at least 10 times. This lady with 2 calm little girls looked at me and said, "It looks like you have your hands full." Uh, do you think? These are the moments when I ask myself... "If I have my hands full with two, how in the world could I ever handle one more?" Then people would start telling me "It looks like you have your hands, feet, head, body full. You probably shouldn't have had that many children." I'm really not sure where this active gene came from. Clint and I like to be busy and active, but we do have down time. Our children do not. They go, go, go from 7 am until 8:30 pm. Sometimes I wish I had calm, well-behaved children, but then life would not keep me on my toes. I am constantly moving, thinking, pulling things out of a hat, etc. And it's fun (well, most of the time :))
FYI The shots took 2 minutes and the kids didn't even cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kacey! I cring and clench my teeth behind a closed smile everytime someone says that to me--I mean seriously some people have no clue! People never think "Hmmm, how can I help this distressed mother?" or "How can I entertain this child?" I have no idea how I would handle three. I think I would become a hermit.
Love ya and Miss you guys tons!
Kacey! I cring and clench my teeth behind a closed smile everytime someone says that to me--I mean seriously some people have no clue! People never think "Hmmm, how can I help this distressed mother?" or "How can I entertain this child?" I have no idea how I would handle three. I think I would become a hermit.
Love ya and Miss you guys tons!
LOL :)! Kacey, I am so glad to hear that story...just because now I can say I'm not the only one! Jackson keeps me so, so busy, and Lucy is starting to become a pest. But we really do have a 3rd one coming! I'm very nervous!
But, don't worry ...you are a great mom! You're not alone!
~Stacy
HILARIOUS Kacey!! I am cracking up. I think our boys would be the best of friends :) Wanna send Jack here to play for a week?
Post a Comment