Monday, October 13, 2008
The cool-down spot
Jack has been a little angry recently- a lot of yelling and hitting and saying things I have no idea where he picked up. My favorite "I'll throw you out the window." I'm hoping it is just a stage because I feel like we live in a pretty happy, calm home. We don't yell or hit each other or speak unkindly, so I don't know what's up. To help Jack out, we made him a little cool-down spot in his closet. We put in pillows, blankets, stuffed animals, a picture of Jesus, books, etc. I encourage him to go and visit his spot when he's feeling angry. Does he use it? Um, not really. He would rather stay and yell and hit me. Good times. The other day, I found my princess in the closet with a few of her favorite things: a cuddly lamby, a car (of course-Jack has trained her well)and a bowl of cat crackers from Trader Joes. At least I have one sane child (well, except for when we do any sort of shopping).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
sorry- I know it's frustrating, but I find it so hilarious that Lindsey made her own cool down spot! Trust me I've had so many of what I thought were genius parenting solutions backfire on me. Kind of makes you long for the good old days of spanking...
Dang Jack..does the cool down spot work?? Linds looks so cute in this pic!!
I love your idea. Since Sully started Kindergarten he could use one of those most days. Good luck, if you find the magic answer, will you sell it to me?
So guess what Grayson started doing last week? When he's mad, he throws a fit and HITS ME! It must be this age? I hear about it from other moms of around-4-year-olds. Fun!! Hang in there buddy :) xoxo
Kace-I am sorry for the anger issues-why did we get such difficult children. Ryan started the terrible twos and I feel like I am carrying a ticking bomb that I never know what will set it off. I hope that he learns to control his anger and doesn't take it out on his cute mama...
Cute picture of Lindsey! I bet that he'll grow out of it! They pick up weird behaviors somehow. Good idea though in having a quiet spot!
Hi Kacey! Sorry I haven't returned your call! It's been tough around here lately too. We really did hit rock bottom last week.
Hopefully soon we can meet at a park or something... you are not alone. Isn't that nice to know?
Miss ya
Yes, they are STRONG personalities. I guess we have to know the good and the bad to appreciate the good, huh?
Yes, they are STRONG personalities. I guess we have to know the good and the bad to appreciate the good, huh?
Post a Comment