Thursday, August 21, 2008

Playing with Friends

We've had a pretty uneventful couple of weeks. Despite the yucky Seattle weather (I'm in pants and a sweatshirt in the middle of August), we are enjoying the last few weeks of summer. Last weekend, we headed to the pool with our friends, the Kleins. They have a neighborhood pool and the kids loved playing in the water on a hot night.

Jack loved playing with the noodle and doing "Olympic" dives in the kiddie pool. He wasn't too keen on hanging out in the big pool.

Lindsey loved riding in the wagon with Parker on the way to the pool. She wasn't too keen on the pool either and kept close to me the whole time. I don't think we've exposed our kids to water enough. I guess their escapades in the bathtub aren't the same as playing in the pool.

Our friends, Ellie and Debbie, came over to play yesterday. Jack and Ellie kept busy dumping all of the games on the playroom floor, watching a pretend movie on my bed, and giggling. Lindsey tried her best to keep up with those two!

Whenever Jack goes potty, he needs a reminder to wash his hands. Usually, I'll let him do his thing while I leave the bathroom. One day, he was in there for a long time and I found him like this. He said he needed a bath, so he bathed in the sink. Hey, at least it kept him busy for a while!!

Lindsey- she looks so innocent here. However, she is a climber, a screamer and has been struggling with another bout of separation anxiety. It's a good thing she's so dang cute.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is great that Jack is already bathing himself! Enjoy your cool summer.

DJ, Angie, Amelia and Bryson said...

That picture of Jack is sooo funny. I love it. Hey, sometimes we all just need a bath.
I bet Amelia would be the same way in the pool, she has never been in one. I really should take her.
We need to get together soon!

The Reichmans said...

I love the picture of Jack in the "bath tub"-He and Ryan would be two peas in a pod!

debbie rowley said...

Looks like fun :)

Monique said...

Glad you guys could come play with us before the sun went away!