Beach trip!! We went to a little island off the coast for a day of sun and sand. We worried how little man Jack was going to behave, but he actually did great! He loved to sit in the sand and eat it. So, Clint and I played frisbee and ran around while Jack sat and ate sand. We had a wonderful day.
We have very sweaty kids. Jack gets these little beads of sweat on his nose whenever he runs around and his hair is always wet with sweat. So, we decided to cool him off a bit and shave his head. He sat very still and he even let us take a shot of him with a mohawk. Unfortunately, we can't do a lot for Lindsey...she just spends a lot of time in a onesie. Poor, sweaty girl.
The new soccer goal! I bought the goal about a month ago at Target and was waiting to give it to Jack when he finally gave up his binky (he still sleeps with it). Well, we quickly found out that he was definitely not ready to give it up. So, then we decided to use it as an incentive for going poop on the big boy potty. He went once on July 1 (I know this because I made a chart for the fridge) and he hasn't sat on the potty since. Well, since summer in Seattle isn't going to last much longer, I brought it out yesterday just for the heck of it. So, he won. He has the goal, the binky and mommy changing his diaper. Oh, the things we do for our children.
1 comment:
Kace, Jack is hilarious! I loved that he just sat and ate sand-and he was probably very content! I am sorry it is so hot and humid. It looked like you had fun on your little outing though.
Post a Comment