For our anniverary/my birthday, we decided to head to Portland for the weekend. Originally, Clint and I were going to try to get away by ourselves, but Lindsey hasn't been taking a bottle recently. So, I thought that having the whole family together for my birthday in Portland would be fun- a little swimming, a trip to the zoo, etc. Um....big mistake. Jack was a pretty big pill the whole weekend and we tossed around the idea of sending him back to my parents on the train. This is a pic before we left and the chaos began.
Clint and Jack at the Oregon Zoo. The zoo was absolutely fabulous!! We even got to see an elephant paint- very cool! We gave our new sit 'n stand stroller its trial run (of course Jack didn't want to ride after we bought this whopping stroller).
Jack and Lindsey on the riverfront. This was before we bought the double stroller, so we each got to push a stroller. The weather was warm and sunny- a perfect afternoon.
3 comments:
Sorry Jack was being a pill- traveling with a toddler sounds like a handful! Ella keeps me busy when we are out of town and she isn't even walking. How do you like the sit 'n stand? I have a phil and teds because of the doubles feature, but I'm always interested in what other people like/ how it workds ect. I love the zoo too!
I think we should get Abby and Jack together! Maybe two crazy kids on vacation would make it easier??? Abby is hard to travel with too! I'm going up to visit Christian's family with just the two kids soon and I am terrified! I am praying Abby is calm for the trip! We'll have to share stories! I'm glad though that you guys got to spend some time as family. Is Clint's schedule better now? Hopefully so- you're amazing to have 2 kids and 12 hour days without him!! Take care!
I am glad that you were able to get away for your birthday and anniversary! I keep wondering what pete and I will be able to do with ryan when it is our anniversary. I can't believe we have already been married for five years-time sure flies
Post a Comment