We spent the last week in the Riviera Maya (south of Cancun Mexico) to celebrate my birthday and our 10th anniversary (I am still flabbergasted that we have been married that long!!). We left our children in the capable hands of my mom and dad, Clint's sister and brother-in-law, Clint's parents, and our friends Ryan and Quinae and Josh and Kristy. It took a lot of scheduling and leg work, but I hope no one felt too overwhelmed by our busy brood.
We spent the week relaxing, eating, and swimming. We stayed at a beautiful resort (Valentin Imperial Maya if you're wondering)....an all-inclusive, adults only resort. My kind of place :)
The first day we were the whitest people at the resort. We sunscreened up, spent a few hours in the ocean and at the pool and quickly became the reddest people at the resort. I felt like we needed to have signs on our foreheads informing people that we were from Seattle (what is that warm yellow thing in the sky called again?!?).
All geared up to zipline and rappel.
Clint finishing up his run.
Snorkeling in the cenote (an underground swimming hole)
The view from our seats under our palapa.
All cleaned up for one of our dinners out. The resort had 8 different restaurants to choose from: anything from seafood to steak to sushi to french. Everything was delicious and we loved trying a different place each night.
Birthday dinner at the Lobster Pot.
Lovin' that ocean (and being the only girl under 65 in something other than a bikini)
Notice my friend? Luckily, he never tried to join me for a swim!
The view from our balcony.
The only couple at the entire resort without a drink in their hands :) (well, we did try a few virgin pina coladas and strawberry daquiris)
This was our favorite thing to do in the pool. Unfortunately, this is also what caused our 2nd degree burns our first day :(
We did a lot of lounging. I can't remember the last time I've been so lazy, but it really felt sooooo good.
Good-bye Mexico!! We leave redder, fatter and much happier! We will be back (and next time we want friends....so if you're interested.....)
We made friends with a flight attendant on the way to Cancun and she surprised us with 1st class seats on the way home. Perfect way to end our vacation (but I don't think I can ever go back to coach :))
Happy 10 years to us!!
8 comments:
I'm so impressed that you blogged already! I love your pictures, and we are totally in for the next trip!! The resort sounds amazing. And it looks like everything was perfect (except the 2nd degree burns)!
Glad you had such a good time and was able to schedule such quality time with just the two of you!
Happy birthday and anniversary!! It looked like an amazing trip, I totally want to do an all inclusive resort trip, may e in five years when we celebrate our ten years :)
Such a great way to celebrate.
I want to go on a trip again...
What a wonderful time for you two to be away and enjoying each other.
Happy birthday and anniversary!
Wow what a great time! So impressed that you got it all arranged and actually did it. You all look great, by the way!
Love the pics!!! And yes we will go with you next time..how does June 2015 sound?? haha..but seriously..we are going then..I am so glad you guys di d this..you deserved it!!!
Happy late Birthday and Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful trip! Glad you were able to spend some quality time together and enjoy some sunshine. Too bad about the burns, but probably totally worth it, right?! AND, we should get together someday before school starts and we have more kids in school it's even harder to see friends! Email me and let me know what your schedule is like. :)
That sounds like a delightful trip. We are looking at Iceland soon, so you've inspired me to sign up for the adventure tours. :) I even did the zipline at the Microsoft picnic because you said it was so fun! Not that it was over a rainforest or anything.
Post a Comment