I've been trying to run more these days as I'd like to race a bit this summer. I've noticed something though.....pretty much without fail, I got honked at sometime during the run. I'm usually in the zone or into my music, so it always scares the beejeebs out of me and I jump a foot in the air.
It got me to thinking...why all the honks? I mean, I'm flattered and everything, but I'm not a young pup anymore ( which means I have child bearing hips and a few wrinkles around the eyes), I wear modest clothes (okay, sometimes I wear a tank), and I'm not particularly fast or have some amazing trot.
Oh, I know. There is something different about me during the year 2011. I have some assets that belong to my burly 20+ lb 6 month old. And they are usually full of a certain nutrient while I am running. It all makes sense now. Well, I will enjoy the honks while I get them. Next year, they will most likely be concave and elicit no such response from drivers.
It got me to thinking...why all the honks? I mean, I'm flattered and everything, but I'm not a young pup anymore ( which means I have child bearing hips and a few wrinkles around the eyes), I wear modest clothes (okay, sometimes I wear a tank), and I'm not particularly fast or have some amazing trot.
Oh, I know. There is something different about me during the year 2011. I have some assets that belong to my burly 20+ lb 6 month old. And they are usually full of a certain nutrient while I am running. It all makes sense now. Well, I will enjoy the honks while I get them. Next year, they will most likely be concave and elicit no such response from drivers.
5 comments:
Own it, girl!
Work those curves and live it up. There was a time people use to stare at me as I drove down the road. At first I was confused. "Wow, I must really look good today." Then I wondered, "that is strange everyone can see me so well in my car, and then it hit me. Oh yeah, I am driving some impressive white trash. This was shortly after my car met a tree and I had no bumper. Ah, good old Ernie - building my self esteem down the road, until of course reality hit. ;)
Bahaha...good one Kace...shake em while you got them...haha
Ha! Good luck training for the runs. That is impressive to do with a little one!
Hehe, I love you! And yes, after nursing three kiddos, mine are definitely concave, boo :(
Post a Comment