Saturday, December 04, 2010

Reflections of a 37 week pregnant woman.....

I have been doing a bit of reflecting recently as I struggle with my children and my pregnancy. I have been complaining WAY too much and I'm not happy with myself for doing so. So, I am going to share a bit of my reflecting....as I sit at my computer getting the junk kicked out of my ribs. The kids have gone to bed, so kid #3 gets to play now :)

Lindsey:
Will she be the big sister I want her to be? She is pictured her with my delicious 5 month old niece,Tessa, who is exactly half her size. She can be pretty tender when she rubs and kisses my belly.
My favorite scary quote of the week: " I'm going to stay up all night and I'm going to hit the wall so that it wakes you up. " (she motions hitting on the wall that is between her room and ours). I wonder where she comes up with some of these things. Like I've mentioned before....she's either making me cry or laugh so hard I'm falling down (she has taught me the art of the belly laugh).

Jack:
He is such a helper. He loves school and is thriving in his class. They had half days last week for conferences and he kept asking me when he was going back to full day. I have to admit that I liked having him home :)
I love this picture of him and Tessa. He'll make a great big brother, again. I think he may be a little addicted to treats though.....he came home the other day and told me he got tears in his eyes at lunch because I hadn't put in a special treat. Nice.

Clint:

Oh, how I love this man. And I love him more every day. Even though I can be quite the pill, he still loves me and tells me I'm beautiful and that I'm a great mom (when I have not had a very good mom moment). I lose a lot of patience during my pregnancies, so I appreciate him putting up with me for 9 long months each time I'm expecting. He's a great daddy and a fabulous husband.

I am physically DONE being pregnant, but I will miss this little being inside me. I am excited, anxious, thrilled, scared, etc. about adding another child to our family.
A family of 5 we will soon be!

8 comments:

Koko said...

Pregnancy is a wonderful and hard thing. I remember when I was pregnant with Chrissy that I kept telling myself - enjoy this...you may never feel this again. And guess what, it was true as she was my last. You ARE a wonderful mother and wife. I'm looking forward to meeting your 3rd child! :)

Natalie Smith said...

I hope this baby comes into your family and stills Lindsay's heart and they are besties!

I feel you on the ribs situation. I am starting to think the damage could be permenant if it keeps up like this for 7 more weeks!

You are so close and have made it lady! Hang in there...I also can't wait to meet this baby!

Quinae said...

I love your family. Each and every corky one of them. I hope I get to hang out with them more after you have the baby to give you breaks. Please call me. I want more kids so I will just adopt more until you want them back.

When I was pregnant with Xander for the last few weeks the only thing that gave me peace was the knowledge that no matter what - time always passes. No matter how uncomfortable it was now, and no matter what I did I knew it would pass as time always passes and at a dependable rate. That may see stupid but seriously, It made me feel better.

The Reichmans said...

you are so so close! I can't wait to hear about what you end up having! good luck the next couple of weeks. Miss you and I hope you get some sleep

lilibet said...

I didn't think you were complaining a lot, but I am a big complainer. :) I totally agree with Quinae -- the only thing that got me through sometimes was knowing that time always passes. You are doing a great job and it's nice that you don't want to divorce Clint all the way through your pregnancy.

Spencer and Erin said...

Why does it look like my child could eat Linds for dinner? And Tessa even has a small head!! haha..I can't wait for this babe to come!!!! wahoo!

The Reichmans said...

i am seriously special-i keep deleting your address and so could you email me your address and cell number one more time and I swear I will actually save them. i hope you are feeling okay. Miss you

DJ, Angie, Amelia and Bryson said...

Thanks for the Christmas card. Look at you all on top of things before baby comes. I hope everything goes well...and soon!