Thursday, December 17, 2009

Run, Run Rudolph


Last weekend Clint, my dad and I donned our bullet proof vests and skull caps to run in the Christmas Rush 10K in Kent. The weather cooperated and we ran in a balmy 32 degrees (earlier in the week the temperatures had been in the teens and twenties and I had been forced to run my long run inside on the treadmill). We started in the very front, which was a mistake because everyone passed me in the first bit and I felt like I was the slowest one in the race!I kept a steady pace, a bit slower than my dad, but Clint was a trooper and ran with me even though he could have gone a lot faster! Towards the end, Clint was obviously anxious to run on ahead, so I gave him the go ahead and he took off like a rabbit. That boy was born to run! We finished chilly, but happy with our times. I actually ran a lot faster than I thought I would, so I was pleased. My dad got 3rd in his age group, Clint got 6th (thanks to my slower pace!!) and I got 2nd (okay, that sounds really great, but there were only 16 in my age group!!).

We have obviously bred runners. I heard giggling downstairs yesterday (usually a very bad thing at our house!) and found my two little runners charging across the family room and jumping in the "pool". Of course, their clothing of choice was minimal.
And of course, we ran into Santa at my mom's ward Christmas party.

No fear here. Lindsey snuggled into Santa for a long winter's nap.


Jack schmoozing Santa for a mini skateboard set.

2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Again....Great job on the run!!! I want to know what the prizes were?

Spencer and Erin said...

Sweet hat Kace...and when do you think Linds will figure out she has an ethiopian belly? haha..i can't wait to see those two...