I've always prided myself on never receiving a speeding ticket. Today, however, I lost that pride. On the way to the park, a radar gun pointed by a motorcycle cop found me going 38 in a 25. I was shocked. I didn't even know what to do or say when he motioned me over to the side of the rode. Jack sat silent, while Lindsey yelled "Go Mom Go!" ( I'm a little worried for when that girl is on the road). I am somber tonight as I contemplate all the Christmas gifts I could've bought with $154.
As we drove home, I asked Jack what he thought of the whole situation. He said "Mommy, I thought he was going to shoot you and take you to jail. And I thought he was going to turn down the music when he walked up to the car window. " (I was listening to the Wicked soundtrack in preparation for going to see it next month). I asked him if I was a bad mommy for speeding. He said, "No, you aren't a bad mommy, but you were driving too fast. " True, True.
P. S. More photos to come of our fun vacation we had a few weeks ago....
5 comments:
Ha ha, I love it! Yes, the ticket stinks, but you sure handled it cute!
Man!...I only have one ticket, but I HATE that feeling of knowing you got caught!
Oh, I feel your pain. After I got my two tickets in 6 months, Mark racked up $500 worth of tickets, fines, and towing fees in 2 months. Super fun.
Oh no I am so sorry, getting pulled over is a horrible feeling, and signing that ticket is even worse... Unfortunately it is a feeling I know too well :)
OMG that is so funny!! I hate getting a ticket, and I'm sorry about that - but at least you can laugh about it :)
Post a Comment