Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Last Days of Summer

My favorite season is coming to an end. The long gray months are quickly approaching. Fortunately, we have been enjoying a beautiful September. We are trying to spend every possible moment we can outside soaking up as much sun as possible. Jack's preschool was delayed a few weeks due to a teacher's strike, so we've had a little more time to play. Here's what we've been up to....




A girls biking trip to the beautiful San Juan Islands. Oops, forgot the camera on the trip, so you'll just have to use your imagination. 3 days away from the kids, yummy food, gorgeous weather, great company, hard core biking (uh, just kidding- we probably biked a total of 20 miles :)).



Ringling Brothers/ Barnum and Bailey Circus:





It was a fabulous show and kept both children and parents totally enthralled for over 2 hours (this was nothing short of a miracle for Lindsey).


Doin' the Puyallup (Fair, that is) :

Lindsey was wwwaaayyy into milking the cow.
Jack? Not so much.
Our favorite ride of all time.
Sliding down the mega slide.
Poor Lindsey is so small, she couldn't "legally" ride any of the rides. Somehow, she slipped through the gate on the swings and rode with Clint. She is so small up there, you can barely see her sitting next to Clint. She had the biggest smile on her face the whole time. The girl loves to swing.
Another "illegal" ride. The boats were so bumpy, it was a wonder the two didn't have whiplash after the ride.


Clint got put in as Elder's Quorum President at church (which means he's in charge of making sure a lot of things run smoothly in the ward). He's been in for 2 weeks and I miss him already.

4 comments:

MAB said...

Oooh I want more details about that San Juan biking trip! That sounds so fun!

We did the Puyallup a few years ago. NEVER AGAIN. :)

The Reichmans said...

Hey I just emailed you and I hope you get it really soon. I am just making sure you know how much I want your address since I am a retard and somehow lose everyone's addresses and can't send them things. Love you

meagan said...

I love summer too. It looks like you've done a lot of fun, outdoor things. When it gets grey, you should come visit me:)

Jennette said...

Oh girl, my hubby has been EQ pres for 5 years. It only gets worse. Sorry :( Call if you ever need to vent!!