Last night, Jack was riding his bike in front of my parents' house before my birthday dinner. I was the only one watching him zip around and perform all his "tricks" on his bike. All of a sudden, his foot missed the pedal, so he put his foot down on the ground, and he lost control of the bike. I watched in horror as he flipped over the front of his bike and landed on his face and head. Then, the bike flipped over him on the ground. My heart stopped as I ran over to pick him up. Miracuously, he had only a few scratches on his face and a little scratch on his leg. He was upset, but I think it was because he saw me so upset. After examining him and then his helmet, I discovered the helmet had cracked in several places upon impact. We had recently purchased a new helmet from a safely fair and had it fitted on his head. His old helmet would have NOT held up from the impact. I realized a few things last night...1) We are being watched over. I feel like we were truly blessed that Jack was not seriously injured and 2) Helmets (good ones that actually fit correctly on the head) are crucial in keeping our kids safe on bikes! I knew they were important before, but last night was a testimony to me of their upmost importance in protecting our head and brain. I don't even want to think what would have happened if Jack hadn't been wearing his.
Time for a new helmet!!
Thank you for a job well done, helmet!
Yummy creamy cake. Weird expressions on my kids' faces. :(
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Kacey!!!
Thank goodness for helmets and loving mommys!
Dang, I need to get Dallin a better helmet. That must have been so scary for you and Jack, but mostly you!
Happy Birthday, again! I hope you had fun at dinner tonight.
oh, and Dallin is excited to be twinners with Jack!
I love Linds hair so long!! she looks adorable!!! I can't wait to see you guys soon!! wahoo!! linds better remember who I am...can you start showing her pics of me please?
Once again i feel like a complete idiot-I am so sorry that I am always late wishing you a Happy Birthday! I hope despite jack's accident you had a great day. I remembered early this morning that another year had passed and I remembered the day exactly a week late. i am sorry woman. I am so grateful to have you as a friend-you are amazing. Once again can you email me your address. Love you
Post a Comment