Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm Back!

Ugh!! What a crummy last few weeks! Lindsey passed her lovely stomach virus onto Clint and I after Jack's party last week. I was lucky and only suffered for 4 agonizing hours, but Clint suffered for 36. Jack was lucky and stayed well through it all. Lindsey felt better after getting us sick, but then got re-infected somehow. She was the sickest I have ever seen her for most of the week. She just laid around with a sad look on her face. To be honest, I kind of enjoyed having her be so chill. I felt bad she was sick, but she didn't scream, hit or throw food for a week. It was pretty much heaven on earth. She stopped throwing up on Saturday and then a weird ooze started coming out of her ear (ooh, sorry this is kind of graphic :)). I'm thinking it is a ruptured ear drum, but we haven't been in yet to see for sure. Of course it happened right after we brought her into the doctor on Friday and they said her ears were fine. Go figure.
I'm hoping we have paid our time being sick for the year.
Jack's funny quote of the week (as he is playing doctor to Clint): "Daddy, I feeled you better."
Lindsey's quote of the week: "suck, suck". I gave in and let her have her binky for the entire week.
Clint's quote of the week: " Oh no! I just shared ice cream with my mom and sister." (after returning home from the hospital after his dad had emergency surgery to remove a bloodclot and getting sick almost immediately. Luckily, his mom and sister didn't get sick)
Kacey's quote of the week: " I am so thankful I don't get sick when I am pregnant. I think I would die." Kudos to all of you who survive sickness during pregnancy. You are amazing. If I got sick with Jack, I would have been done with one.

1 comment:

The Reichmans said...

I am sorry you have all been sick for so long-we are on round two at the moment and it is so lousy. I am so tired of being couped up in the house. Happy birthday to your boys.