Saturday, November 15, 2008

Whooo, Whooo

There hasn't been a lot new around here recently. Lindsey is sleeping better after her vocabulary explosion. I am a firm believer that kids don't sleep as well right before they are going to master a new skill. Their brains are going a million miles an hour, so it's tough to sleep. Unfortunately, she got in the bad habit of sleeping in OUR bed (because WE would bring her into to bed so she would stop crying and go back to sleep quickly- hey- we were sleep deprived!), so now we've got to ignore the 3 am wake up cry. A few new words: worm, color names (my fav is purple), mine, mine, mine, let me see, etc. It's fun having her talk more. We hope it will cut down on her screaming. I really believe I am losing my hearing.
Lindsey discovered that she had an owl on her shirt and Jack had an owl on his jammies, so I had them pose for a quicky shot. Miracles of miracles, they both smiled and looked at the camera. Please excuse Lindsey's wt hair. I want to grow her bangs out, but she won't wear clips, so it's always in her eyes. And she has this mullet thing in the back. I hope her hair turns out okay. :) And that IS a tent behind them. Jack has insisted on sleeping in his tent in the play room for the last week. It's been nice though because we haven't had to worry about Lindsey waking him up in the middle of the night. Maybe a permanent arrangement?!?



Lindsey got a stroller this morning for her baby. We found the stroller frame while we were hiking one time (I know- really random) and my grandma made a seat for it. She has played with it all morning- she even brought it to Clint's volleyball game. I'm kind of glad she likes dolls too. For a while there, I thought she was going to be all about the cars and balls like her brother.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

It's great to see you guys :) Your kids are so adorable. They are looking so old. I'm sure I say that every time see them... sorry.
:)

megan said...

That's a good theory about not sleeping before they master a skill! I'm glad she is back sleeping through the night. I can't wait until Jason starts to talk too- I completely understand you when you say feel like you are going deaf! :)