Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Labor Day



We were feeling a bit ambitious Labor Day weekend, so we headed on a hike with our friends, the Rowleys. We wanted to conquer Mt. Si (4,167 feet in 4 miles). Hmmmm. We loaded the kids up in backpacks and headed up the mountain. Here are Jack and Ellie ready for the ride of their life.



Lindsey rode most of the way in the moby wrap on the front of me. However, after carrying 15 extra pounds on the front of me for an hour, I handed her over to Clint for a ride in the backpack. Jack walked for about 5 minutes and just about fell off the mountain, so he was banned to the backpack again.




We made it to the top!! Hahahaha! We actually only made it 2 miles up (which we considered quite an accomplishment). We will try Little Si next time!
We finished off the morning with a picnic at a train park.

3 comments:

megan said...

You brave souls! What a hike! Was your back killing you at the end of the day?!! It always looks so beautiful there though! How fun that you guys got to hang out! We miss you all like crazy!

meagan said...

It does look beautiful~ what a great way to spend Labor Day. I think Linds looks really cute in her church dress... I love the clip. Did Gooch make it? she is very crafty like that. When are we doing our Monterey weekend?

The Reichmans said...

I am very impressed with the fact that you even considered going on that hike! Okay Lindsey is so darling-I love that picture of her in her dress-she has such beautiful eyes!