I started substitute teaching this week. 3 afternoons. It worked out pretty well. I left the 2 littles at home with Clint, who lunch, napped and movie-d them, while I spent 3 1/2 hours at the elementary school.
I was super nervous the first day.....it had been nearly 9 years since I had subbed. However, I found that I was able to jump right back into things....almost like I had never left the classroom.
And I loved it. I loved feeling like I could do something else well besides being a stay at home mom (which I don't always do well anyways!). I felt guilty being away from the littles, but I don't think they even noticed I was gone. And I think I returned home a little more rejuvenated and fulfilled.
3 comments:
That's awesome Kacey! I don't think I ever knew you used to teach. Happy for you!
That's awesome Kacey! I don't think I ever knew you used to teach. Happy for you!
I'm so happy you loved it, and I hope you continue to love it and not feel guilty, I think it sounds like a wonderful balance!
Post a Comment