I knew Lindsey's surgery was going to be stressful ( she had ureter reimplantation surgery last Weds) and the recovery might be a little taxing, but no one told me it would be this hard.
So, I'm doing you a small favor and letting you know that if your child ever has surgery (especially if he/she has half the willpower of my daughter), it's hard and the recovery is long and stinky and both physically and mentally exhausting. And if you need to vent or cry or whatever, you can call me. I wouldn't be able to do this without my extremely supportive friends and family.
Breathe, Kacey, Breathe.
So, I'm doing you a small favor and letting you know that if your child ever has surgery (especially if he/she has half the willpower of my daughter), it's hard and the recovery is long and stinky and both physically and mentally exhausting. And if you need to vent or cry or whatever, you can call me. I wouldn't be able to do this without my extremely supportive friends and family.
Breathe, Kacey, Breathe.
7 comments:
Hang in there Kace! Don't worry it can only get better from here right?
I'm so sorry Kacie! I wish I could be there to help you!
Hi Kacey. This is Sara Milton, Laura Jones' daughter (we met this summer while I was visiting with my family). I hope you don't think I'm crazy for finding your blog. :) I was on my friend's blog (Michelle Kenyon) and then found Jodee and Nick's, then found yours. Sorry so long. Feel like I have to explain that I'm NOT a stalker. :) It's truly a small world.
I've never had a child that's needed surgery. But I know how hard some of my regular days can be, so having something extra like what you're going through -- can't imagine. I'm sorry it's been so tough. I'm sending my strength your way, from across the country! Take care! You're a great Mom!
Oh no, Kacie! I'm sorry it's been so rough! Little Lindsey sure does have some willpower, so I can imagine. At least it's over with, right?! BTW, I know Sara Milton...She's awesome! Anyways, good luck. I hope she gets back to herself quickly. Glad you have some support nearby.
Oh, and after re-reading my comment, AFTER I posted it, I realized I goofed on spelling your name! What a bad friend. Sorry! I do know how to spell, I promise. :)
Hi Kacey - It's Kristy Weaver (Opfar). I came across your blog via Erin's. I know we haven't spoken in years, but I just wanted to let you know that if you ever need anything (to watch the kids for you, or whatever), I am more than willing to help. My girls would love to play with Jack and Blake if you need some down time with just Lindsey and we are local (live by the Stake Center), so just give me a call: 425.214.2186. Hope it gets better. Take care, Kristy
I hope things are going better since it has been a month since this post-wow I am so behind these days. I know you are such an amazing mom, but I am sorry things have been so rough. I really wish we lived closer.
Post a Comment