We survived our half marathon!!
We left our house at 6:30 am Saturday and arrived in Battleground at about 9:40. We got lost several times (thanks mapquest), and at one point, we really thought we were not going to make it to the starting line. Luckily, we did, with only a few minutes to spare.

My running buddies, Quinae and Kristy.
We started running all together until I told my sweet husband that he did not have to run with me. As soon as he heard that, he was off like a gazelle. I stuck with Q and K for 2 miles or so and then ventured off on my own. It was a beautiful run through wine country.
My goal of the race was to beat my time from my 1st half marathon 10 years ago (wow, that makes me seem so old!!), and I did by 3 whole minutes! I'm thinking each kid made me run 1 minute faster. It was hard, but the feeling of accomplishment I got at the end was priceless. I have great expectations of running a full someday, but after hobbling around the last few days, that dream may be on the shelf for a bit :)
Clint did awesome and finished 3rd in his age group and 20th overall. He finished about 7 minutes ahead of me.
My other girlies did great too. It was so fun to run this race together!


We started running all together until I told my sweet husband that he did not have to run with me. As soon as he heard that, he was off like a gazelle. I stuck with Q and K for 2 miles or so and then ventured off on my own. It was a beautiful run through wine country.
My goal of the race was to beat my time from my 1st half marathon 10 years ago (wow, that makes me seem so old!!), and I did by 3 whole minutes! I'm thinking each kid made me run 1 minute faster. It was hard, but the feeling of accomplishment I got at the end was priceless. I have great expectations of running a full someday, but after hobbling around the last few days, that dream may be on the shelf for a bit :)
Clint did awesome and finished 3rd in his age group and 20th overall. He finished about 7 minutes ahead of me.
My other girlies did great too. It was so fun to run this race together!



7 comments:
Way to go Kacey. Great accomplishment.
Good for you guys! That is amazing!
Way to go Kace! From the sounds of it you run like a gazelle as well! I remember when you gals did the race like 10 years ago! You and clint are looking great, young and fresh!
Yay for you!
Mapquest has gotten me lost several times, too. I stopped using it.
You guys killed that race. It is so cool you guys both love to run. That is special.
Congrats Kace-sorry for the stress before the race. So I have a dream-lets run a full together! I want to do it once in my life and it would make me so happy if we did it together! Please can we chat this week? I will try calling-afternoon? when does blake nap?
Congratulations! That's wonderful - I love that each child has made you that much faster:) Hope Lindsey is okay.
Post a Comment