Sunday, January 09, 2011

Lindsey is 4!!

Lindsey turned 4 on Thursday. 4? Yikes! I can't believe we have had this little peanut of a firecracker for 4 years. I wasn't very good at documenting her day in pictures because she's not very good at taking pictures at the moment. She went to preschool and to a little gym class that she will be taking for the next few weeks. We went to CA Pizza Kitchen for dinner and then met Grammy and Papa for ice cream and presents at Dairy Queen.











Eeks! Someone looks tired....


Lindsey loves doing work on her "puter", which was her cash register. We got her a "Leaptop" that she loves to carry around with her. She even brought it to Costco and was thoroughly annoyed that the cart was wet because she couldn't sit in it and do her work.


The queen of cheese.


Grammy gave Lindsey a "date" for her birthday. She picked her up Saturday morning and they headed to Bellevue Square.

First stop: Build a Bear. She picked her bear, stuffed it, gave it a bath and picked out some clothes.

She, of course, picked out the pinkest, heartiest bear they had. It's name? Sweetie pie.

Off to the cupcake shop to eat a pink frosted chocolate cupcake.

And the date ended with a trip to Crate and Barrel.

Have you been missing this guy? He is such a sweet baby and we just love him to pieces. He's been eating and sleeping pretty well and puts up with a lot from his older siblings. He can pretty much sleep though anything.

<

The 2 ends of the spectrum: at Lindsey's 4 year check-up, she weighed in at 28.6 lbs (below the 5th%) and Blakey baby was 9 lbs 9 oz. (95th %). I think they may be the same size in about 9 months.




And to finish off the post, 4 things I love about the birthday girl, Lindsey Lou Who:
1. She keeps me on my toes at all times, whether she is drawing on the wall, poking people's bums at WinCo, trying to change her brother's diaper by herself and getting sprayed in the process or running and hiding in stores. My life is never boring with Linds.
2. She has a vivid imagination. She keeps us in stitches with her stories and imaginary friends. My favorite time of the day is when she comes in our bed in the morning and starts telling us stories. Today it was something about a crack seat at the Mariner's game. ?
3. She loves to change clothes. She probably goes through 4 outfits a day and they all go right into the dirty laundry. She wears Jack's clothes, pajamas, dresses, etc. She is a champion buttoner, so she is always buttoning or unbuttoning something. She has a true sense of style: if it has stripes or polka dots, it must match, right?
4. She has this giant personality that somehow fits into her little body. She can stand up to anyone and anything and she does. If she doesn't like you or what you're doing, she will let you know, much to my chagrin. I think she likes me, but I don't hear it very often. She did tell the bishop that she loved him, so she must be capable of love. :) She is one of a kind, our Lindsey girl.
Happy Birthday Lindsey!


6 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey!

Kacey...this week has been crazy busy for me but I have thought about you so many times. I need to come see this sweet baby! I will call you this week. I feel like I am in crunch time trying to prepare for our baby, but still...I want to hold Blakey. He is so cute!

Spencer and Erin said...

Yeah for birthdays!and yeah for crazy Linds!! Your life really wouldn't be the same without her around..I do like her crazy stories!! hahaha!! Miss you guys!

beau.shaunalee said...

Congrats on #3--little Blake! He is a doll! I feel the same way..."How did we ever get to THREE kids!" You guys are amazing parents, your kids are lucky to have you. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSEY! Kacey, I think you need to plan my birthdays from now on. What a fun day! ps_I loved your 'for better or worse' theme of your christmas card. We miss you guys!

Ashley said...

I miss you guys! Congrats on your baby, he looks so adorable and by the sound of things, is quite healthy! Super huge congrats. We miss you guys. It is so fun to read about Lindsey here, what a fun girl!
Let us know if you ever drive through here, we'd love to see you again!
Hugs,
Ashley

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday, little Linds! What an adorable little firecracker. Love her! :-)

Jamie said...

HAppy birthday girl! You are such a sweetie!