Thursday, March 06, 2008
Bye-Bye Binky!
Jack has slept with a binky and 2 Taggies books since he was born. We have been trying to convince him to give up the binky for the last few months now that he is 3. We have tried every bribe possible, took him to the dentist in hopes of convincing him to give it up, suggested sending it to another baby who needs it more, the list goes on and on. The kid loves his binky! So, yesterday, I casually mentioned that we could go and get ice cream at Dairy Queen and see if they could mix up binky into his blizzard. I know this idea sounded a bit morbid, but I was desperate. He actually loved the idea, so we headed off to Dairy Queen last night. He ordered his mint oreo blizzard, and we handed over the binky to the employee. Jack watched carefully as his binky was mixed into his ice cream. The pieces were so small we couldn't even see them (wink wink)! After a yummy dessert, we headed home to bed. He went to bed without a struggle because he knew his binky would always be with him in his tummy. He woke up this morning happy as can be and asked us how we thought his binky was doing inside him. Hopefully, we won't have any drama in the next few days. Now, if we could only get him interested in potty training. I was thinking of maybe trying to potty train him at Dairy Queen.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Dairy Queen to the rescue!! That is genius, and a little weird!
I love the idea!! Good thinking!! Don't you love how kids think??
That was very creative-good one kacer kat! It made me really want a blizzard though... too bad it is Sunday...
That is a great story~ I may have to use a variation of it in the future:) You are a great mom!
Very inventive idea! I'm glad it worked.
Post a Comment