Friday, December 21, 2007

The Death of the Nap....

One day, Jack took a 2 1/2 nap (just like he has done for the last 3 years of his life). The next day, he laid down and I headed downstairs for my down time. 2 minutes later, he said, "I'm awake", and he has not taken a nap since that day (which was about a week ago). I am mourning the afternoon nap! I don't understand how he could just give up his nap so quickly. I was thinking he would gradually give it up- an hour here, an hour there. But, to give it up cold turkey? How rude! I also don't understand how my crazy toddler can get by with 10 hours of sleep a day. He sleeps 10 hours a night (if we're lucky)and with no nap, he is going strong from 7 am until 8:30-9 pm. I don't see how I am going to survive on this new schedule. Ahhhh!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I am so sorry about the loss of the nap! When I babysat my niece and nephew I tried to trick them into a nap by putting on a show and laying in bed with them but then they only wanted to wrestle and pillow fight! It was exhausting!