We headed off to eastern Washington (Wenatchee) for some sun with my parents this weekend. We are definitely comfort campers: the campground was all grass and had showers, a beach, tennis courts, playgrounds, etc, and was 5 minutes from town. We even went into town for dinner one night! Jack enjoyed pushing his sister in the stroller- she enjoyed it too!
Lindsey loved sitting in the grass and playing with her toys. She especially enjoyed playing with a red plastic bowl, which is on her head in the picture.
We went and took a tour of the Rocky Reach Dam, which was just a short drive down the road. The gardens were beautiful! Unfortunately, taking a decent family pic these days is nearly impossible. It takes a 3 ring circus to get everyone looking at the camera and smiling! This is as good as we could get.
Clint catching up on some much-needed sleep. It was so warm at night that we didn't even need sleeping bags. It was the first time ever that I woke up in the morning sweating!
Wenatchee has a 10 mile bike path that goes along the Columbia River. Clint and Jack went about half way around with my dad and brother. Jack loves riding on daddy's bike! I rode all the way around with Clint and my brother. I haven't rode a bike in a year and I rode 10 miles. I was pretty proud of myself, even though I was pretty slow! I had to do the whole pump while standing up thing to get myself up the hills.
5 comments:
It looks like so much fun! Christian and I were just remembering our camping trip to Zion- that was so much fun! We were thinking about our foil dinners and how we burnt our dinner! And then our great hikes- it was so much fun! We are really planning on coming up there next spring- so we will have to go again!
Glad you guys had such a fun family vacation! I am so happy the weather was so nice for you! Can't wait to hear more about it!
it looks like you had amazing weather. I think I like camping; I'm never really sure:) Lindsey is so big already! I love her bowl hat... girls and the accessories!
Kace even though you said it was comfort camping i still think you are brave for taking two little kids! I am way impressed that you made it ten miles!
Kacey, what a fun trip! vacations aren't vacations if they're not comfortable! Your kids are so cute! Its real fun to see all the fun things you guys are doing and it looks even more fun since you have kids!
Post a Comment